Following the foundation of the National School system in 1831, four schools were built in the parish of Glangevlin – Derrynananta, Legnatrachta, Tullynacleigh and Golagh. In the late nineteenth century, the then parish priest Fr Corr replaced the old schools by building new ones at Tullycassan, Derrynananta, Curratavy and Carrick. The first of these to close was Carrick when it was replaced by the new Curravagh school in 1933. The four schools remained in existence until the mid-1960s when two of them, Curratavy and Derrynanta, were closed. In 1979, Tullycasson N.S. was amalgamated with Curravagh N.S., leaving Curravagh N.S. as the sole remaining school in the area.
In the first decade of the 21st century, the school building and yard continued to be developed and improved with funding from Clár and school funds. The building dates back to 1933 but thanks to the continued support of the local community and department of education the school has developed into the thoroughly modern building it is today.
Roll number: 16959M
Local name of school: S N CORRABHA
School level: PRIMARY
School level detail: ORDINARY
Principal’s name: TARA MC GOVERN
Language of instruction: ENGLISH
Transition Year indicator: NA
Enrolment (Total): 0
Enrolment boys: 0
Enrolment girls: 0
Free Education indicator: NA
Fee Paying indicator: NA